Working With Us
Community Living Sarnia-Lambton (CLSL) is a dynamic and innovative organization; with approximately 200 employees, we are continuously growing. CLSL is a place where passionate people who like to work with people can find purpose and meaning in their everyday work, where it is possible to make a positive difference in another person's life. It is more than a job, it is a calling. Our work provides employees with opportunities to contribute to our community, to make connections with others, and to experience the feeling of satisfaction that comes from the knowledge that something worthwhile has been accomplished.
If you are interested in helping us achieve our vision by supporting people with a disability in all aspects of their life, and meet the minimum eligibility criteria, we want to hear from you!
We are regularly looking for seeking part-time Direct Support Professionals who will assist people with a disability to achieve their personal goals and outcomes, foster independence and enable them to actively participate in all aspects of community life. This position will:
Assist in implementing person-directed support plans
- Assist with activities of daily living and/or of personal care and promote choice, interpersonal and social skills, leisure and community participation, independence and self-esteem
- Assist with administration of medication, health treatments and medical appointments, as needed
- Advocate for and ensure people with a disability’ rights, dignity, well-being and protection from harm
- Facilitate the involvement of family, volunteer and natural supports for people with a disability
- Completion and follow up of data collection and documentation, as required
Do you have?
- Education in developmental disabilities or human services (e.g. SSW, CYW, ECE, FSW, PSW)
- Training in sign language, intervenor supports, or mental health interventions, is considered as an asset
- Previous experience in various support setting(s) with proven ability to support persons who have autism, developmental disability, dual diagnosis, physical and sensory challenges, or who are medically fragile or technically dependent
- A Valid Driver’s License and be willing to use personal vehicle to transport people with a disability
- Current Standard First Aid and C.P.R. certificate, C.P.I. Certification, or be willing to obtain upon hire
- A current satisfactory vulnerable sector Police Record Check
Hours of Work
May include days, afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. You must also be available to accept call-in shifts.
Please complete the questionnaire to assist us in determining if your experience and education meet our current needs.