Passport is a reimbursement program. Passport allows you to manage the funds and choose how to administer them within the Passport guidelines. You may choose to hire an agency for program services and respite, or they may hire workers directly. If hiring a private contractor or worker, you are responsible for researching and evaluating the service providers in their area, interviewing the prospective candidates, and administering the paperwork required to hire and pay for the supports provided.
If you choose to self-manage your individualized funding, we can assist you with:
- Navigating and using respiteservices.com
- Hiring and training your own in-home worker
- Accessing a wide range of services
- Transition planning from school to work, to community and with housing
- Creating a person directed plan
- Administering Passport, SSAH and other funding
- Developing service agreements
Another easier option is to purchase these services through Community Living Sarnia-Lambton.
Alternatively, you may choose to purchase services directly from Community Living Sarnia Lambton and benefit by:
- Having fully trained and qualified staff provide support in keep with your support plan
- Managing the hiring process, and employing qualified Direct Support Professionals who have the education, training, and expertise to meet the needs of the person supported and their support plan
- Ensuring each Direct Support Professional has a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance Check completed
- Coordinate the scheduling in consultation with you
- Managing all the employee expenses related to employment such as WSIB, Liability Insurance, Employer Health Tax, CPP, Employment Insurance, etc.
- Managing the employee payroll/payment process, billing for hours, and tracking of hours
- Completing mandatory invoicing / reporting to the Passport agency.
- Providing our Direct Support Professionals with ongoing education and training within the developmental services sector
- Ensuring access to specialized equipment needed to provide supports. This can include access to fully wheelchair accessible vehicles for a fee
Community Living Sarnia-Lambton has been vitally committed to providing innovative services that focus upon independence, inclusion and choice to people and families in Sarnia-Lambton for over 60 years. Our agency has the expertise and understanding of the developmental services sector and the range of services available to people, knowledge of how to provide those supports and services, and the ability to assist people to plan for the future. Once connected with Community Living Sarnia-Lambton we can help you navigate the developmental services sector.
Your options are endless. If you want to have greater choice and create greater independence by developing new skills and being included in community activities, we can help. For more information, please contact us.